Family & Friends® Community Training Programs
Family & Friends® CPR Anytime®
These DVD-based programs teach basic CPR skills in about 20 minutes on a self-directed, self-paced basis. With built-in English and Spanish options and a personal inflatable manikin in your choice of skin tones, CPR Anytime kits are ideal for distribution throughout the community. Adult/child and infant programs available.
Family & Friends® CPR
This dynamic course teaches lay-rescuer skills in CPR; AED use; and relief of choking in adults, children, and infants. The course uses the research-proven practice-while-watching format, and can be taught by American Heart Association instructors or led by facilitators such as community members, family members, or friends.
Family & Friends® First Aid for Children
Also intended for dynamic, instructor-led training of large groups, this program prepares layperson adults to administer basic first aid to children until professional help arrives on the scene.
Designed for large-scale community training events, Family & Friends® programs will help you increase bystander action in emergency situations — and the number of people who survive sudden cardiac emergencies!
Perfect for use as:
- an activity in group meetings of volunteers, parent-teacher organizations, or neighborhood or condo associations
- part of a workplace wellness program
- a special program at gyms and fitness centers
Family & Friends® programs are intended for members of the general public who would like to learn basic CPR and/or first aid, including:
- families with children or elderly relatives
- college-dorm resident assistants
- athletes or wilderness explorers
- members of volunteer organizations
- residents of rural areas or locations prone to natural disasters
These programs are non credentialed — no course card will be awarded upon completion. Anyone required by his or her employer or wishing to be credentialed as a lay responder should take a Heartsaver ® course.